Understanding Digital Photography – Techniques for Better Wedding Photography
The new age technology has given rise to the digital SLT camera. They are a fantastic photography device for capturing moments in time. Their specifications enable them to easily manipulate photography images. However, to create a great photo whether its wedding photography, kids photography, portrait photography etc, you still require skills to produce great images.
Following are some guidelines that you should consider to maximise the benefits when shooting photography.
Zoom in to capture the component you want to point out.
Rule of thirds
When capturing a moving object, it is advisable to capture them moving into the imaginary tic-tac-toe frame from one of the two sides.
To add significance or emphasis to an object, take a picture at a lower vantage point. Increasing the height away from the object can reduce its significance.
Pick out the dominant objects and arrange them so that they complement each other. Nevertheless, unbalanced or asymmetrical objects are often more visually stimulating than balanced objects.
Framing is essential in composing the image correctly in the images. Allows for less work in post editing
You can use natural lighting when you are taking candid shots so that the subjects will appear in its most natural form
The aperture allows light to enter. You must learn how to adjust this properly and appropriately so that images will not appear as either very bright or very dim.
Lowering the shutter speed allows the image to be more exposed to light. You must learn the proper length of exposure so that images will not appear as blurry.
Digital cameras have ISO speeds ranging from 100 to 3200. The higher the ISO, the higher the camera’s sensitivity to light’s exposure. Be sure to master using this element along with the camera’s aperture and shutter speeds.
There are digital cameras that allow additional lenses to be attached to the main lens, or the lenses can be completely interchangeable.
Lenses can be categorized as follows:
- macro lens – allows you to get closer to objects like insects and flowers
- wide-angle lens – used for capturing landmarks, and large and wide sceneries
- telephoto lens – allows longer zooms that let you get close to objects that are rather unsafe
Filters, on the other hand are used to:
- soften the effect of the image provide blurring on the edges for portraits that have sensitive moods
- add light flares for the image to be more dramatic to reduce glare so that pictures appear more saturated, crisp, and vivid.
Software for Post Editing
- Adobe Photoshop
- Apple’s iPhoto
- Corel Paint Shop Pro
- Google Picasa
Understanding these main points in digital wedding photography will ensure you take great images. Practice makes perfect and although you should know the technical terms, practicing in real time is the only true way of becoming a better photographer. Click on wedding photography tips for more great information.
Capturing Moments in Life
- Understanding White Balance with Your Digital Camera – Wedding Photographer Sydney – Thina Doukas
- Do You Know Your Digital Photography Camera – Thina Doukas Wedding Photographer Sydney
- Wedding Photography Sydney – Made Easy With Digital Techonology – Thina Doukas Photographers Sydney
- Review of Digital Wedding Photography – Thina Doukas Photographer Sydney
- Wedding Photographer Sydney – 10 Hot Tips for Wedding Photography – Thina Doukas
- Thina Doukas – Wedding Photographer Sydney – Your Essential Lighting Tips for Wedding Photography
- Wedding Photographer Sydney – Peter & Nomiki 17Jan2009 – Thina Doukas Wedding Photography Sydney
- Wedding Photographer Sydney – Cameron & Sarah 2009 – Thina Doukas Wedding Photography Sydney